this is hands-down my favorite spring/summer condiment. i put it on everything. tacos, chips, chicken, veggies, salad. literally every meal if i have some in the fridge. really simple to make, and keeps well for a few days in the fridge (even gets better with a little age…). you can play with it a little, depending on how much spice you want. this version is pretty mild, but gets spicier with age.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 cup mango (about 1 mango), diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, de-seeded and minced
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- sea salt
- once you prep all the goods, throw them all in a bowl
- add about 1/2 tsp salt
- mix it up!
- taste, and add a little more salt if needed
you can make this a day or two in advance…but i’ll warn you that once you have it in the fridge, it’s kind of hard not to touch it. sometimes i tackle that shiz with a spoon.